Customer Service Representative (8)
Buena Park, CA
OUR COMPANY IS CURRENTLY BASED IN BUENA PARK, CA BUT WE WILL BE RELOCATING TO MORENO VALLEY,CA END OF 2018; DETAILS WILL BE GIVEN DURING THE INTERVIEW PROCESS ON RELOCATION.
Serves as a direct liaison between customers, sales and all company departments ensuring timely and accurate processing of orders. Provides world class service to customers with resolving inquires or problems.
- Input customers’ orders into SAP R3 for all accounts under assigned sales region.
- Create, review, and provide sales order confirmations to customers/sales as required.
- Creates purchase contracts for qualifying orders requesting import product, sends to Mill & Import for processing and proactively works with said departments.
- Pricing management & SAP implementation.
- Processes all sample requests from company departments via fed ex or LTL ensuring the most cost effective method is utilized.
- Compile daily/weekly reports for internal and external parties as required.
- Capture customer PO fill rate as part of order management.
- Suggests product substitutions as needed for orders based on product knowledge.
- Participate in daily/weekly conf. calls & meetings as required.
- Proactively works with logistics/Import, warehouse, accounting, PPIC and Sales team to ensure customers’ orders are processed accordingly.
- Responds to customer inquiries and requests, trouble shoots problems and recommends remedial actions.
- Helps investigate all customer payment deductions and collaborates with respective departments for root cause and resolution.
- Primary contact for all customer nonconformance product claims, collaborates with QA & Sales for customer resolution as required.
- Manages Purchase order ship point to ensure most cost effective shipping method is used by way of collaborating with transportation department for rate analysis prior to shipping.
- Helps to communicate customer PO product needs to PPIC and collaborates with to ensure product needs are provided in a timely manner and allow on time delivery/fill rate.
- Effectively manages available inventory toward customer PO’s by way of prioritizing destinations, quantity required, transit times and ETA’s with a focus to fill all customers’ needs respectively, coordinates allocation with sales as needed
- Able to work effectively both individually and in a team approach environment.
- Will help train/cross train and overall support the extended CS team.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Logistics/Distribution – ensure timely shipping & delivery of orders
Production /Inventory – ensure products are available for orders
Sales Team & Brokers – provide support with customers
Accounting – ensure customers are invoiced accurately & credits are issued accordingly
Trade Marketing – ensure off invoice pricing is implemented correctly.
Customer Service – Will support and assist overall CS team in all areas
Customers – Provide full support in all aspects & all inquiries
Education and Experience Background
- High School Diploma required.
- College course work and/or comparable work experience in customer service representative related field: 3 years min. manufacturing industry required and 3 years account management/ experience preferred.
Skills and Knowledge
- Must work well within team framework
- Detail oriented and quality focused
- Effective written & oral communication skills, establishes positive working relationships.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs
- SAP R3 experience preferred
- Structures tasks and prioritizes work assignments to meet deadlines and accomplish departmental goals.
- Sales Force experience preferred
Essential Functions of the Job
Must be able to perform general office functions, operate a computer, lift up to 20 pounds, and communicate effectively with internal and external constituencies