Solaris is a tissue converting company with affiliated plants and warehouses across the US. It’s been in business since 2007 and has steadily grown in the away from home (AFH), retail private label (PL) and retail branded (FIORA) sales channels.
The Maintenance Planner's position is a key support role to the Parts Room Supervisor or Maintenance Manager.
Additionally this position provides key information/reports to a number of internal, (i.e., procurement, production and maintenance) and external parties, (e.g., the clients, vendors, etc.)
- Plan (purchase and kit parts, estimate labor required) and schedule all daily maintenance work.
- Responsible to assure the availability of spare parts and materials.
- Review all completed work.
- Update PM’s (Preventive Maintenance) and SMP’s (Standard Maintenance Practices).
- Available to respond for off hours calls.
- Focus on machine efficiency improvement by analyzing failures and reducing downtime.
- Coordinate with production team to arrange PM work needed on equipment.
- Responsible for leading reactive and preventive maintenance for plant.
- Create, assign and follow up until completion of Maintenance work orders for all converting lines.
- Administer the maintenance work order system and computerized maintenance management system to prioritize, plan and schedule maintenance work efficiently while minimizing maintenance cost and equipment downtime.
- Obtain required materials, tools, permits, documentation and equipment access
- Develop and maintain planner reference systems and library to simplify planning of new jobs, identify opportunities and reduce unplanned downtime and equipment failures.
Education and Experience Background:
- Minimum Associated Degree in Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Advanced Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Strong Analytical/troubleshooting skills.
- Minimum 2 years paper converting or manufacturing operations experience.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of work styles including contractors and co-workers at all levels.
- Strong knowledge of CMMS systems, work order systems and related software.
- Strong knowledge of work management processes, labor estimating and resource balancing.