Solaris Paper is looking for an experienced Production Planner to join our team in Moreno Valley, CA. The Production Planner is responsible for the preparation of the Master Production Schedule based on the Production Plan, with the objective of providing the Sales and Operations Team the most efficient run and timing of demand while carrying minimum effective inventory.
This position is also accountable in generating Material Requirement Plan for packaging materials based on agreed stock level for plant; execute Purchase Orders in SAP R3; communicate with vendors and track delivery schedule, and ensure that all needed raw materials are available for continuous flow of production.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the faster growing consumer brands in North America. We are actively interviewing, apply today!
- Work with customer service representatives, co-planners, and production to resolve any product availability issues. Identify options and cost-effective solutions to meet customers’ needs timely and effectively
- Work collaboratively with internal customers such as Production, Distribution, Plant and Manufacturing leadership to resolve issues and meet their requirements and needs
- Closely monitor production schedule changes and proactively modifies packaging material deliveries with the suppliers to prevent over or out of stock.
- Create Bill of Materials and standard usage per material for the new item and ensure accuracy of the usage
- Create PO for packaging materials in SAP, communicate with the suppliers, and monitors the delivery schedule closely to ensure that all needed materials are available for a continuous production run
- Draw up Production Schedule to establish the most efficient machine sequence, minimize changeover times, manage finished goods and raw materials flow, and meet shipping dates according to sales demands or customer orders
- Manage excess and obsolete inventory for review, depletion and follow up
- Monitor the Production Schedule on a daily basis and makes changes when necessary, such as when resources do not come out as planned, any changes in the production plan or when equipment fails
- Process/Input Finished Goods and Base paper Purchase orders in SAP and tracks the shipments status regularly
- Provide supply analysis data through MRP and drive resolution on raw materials supply issue
- Other duties/assignments or special projects as needed
- Industrial Engineering or Business related courses or degree
- 2 years of work experience in manufacturing or related field, preferably with production scheduling and MRP experience
- SAP experience preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28-$30/ hour DOE
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.