This position ensures the integrity and reliability of material transactions throughout Raw Materials and Distribution, as well as tracks and maintains inventory accuracy by analyzing inventory movement and work orders and researching inventory discrepancies. The position is also responsible for the buy/sell function for all Solaris and sister company warehouses, consolidating bins and supports month-end closings and annual physical inventory counts. Daily cycle counts and system transactions in SAP for 3PL warehouses.
- Review work orders and material for accuracy.
- Perform daily cycle counts and reconcile book to floor inventories.
- Research and verify inventory discrepancies, document adjustments with Accounting and report findings.
- Make adjustments, as needed.
- Complete intercompany, buy/sell transactions.
- Performs data entry.
- Disassemble license plates as required.
- Reviews bins counts for accuracy and consolidates daily
- Work with Production and PPIC to ensure accurate reporting and month-end closing preparations are ready.
- Utilize SAP for reporting, inventory count sheets, buy/sell function, pull-kitting research for error tracking, warehouse moves and histories.
- Handles claims of shortages/overages from customers.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Background:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to operate a forklift, stand and walk for periods of time
- Some college and/or business seminars a plus
- Experience creating Excel spreadsheets, entering data and utilizing basic formulas
- Cycle count experience in an ABC environment
- SAP experience preferred
- Two years, manufacturing or warehouse inventory control preferred Experience working with production, planning and accounting preferred
- College work may substitute for some work experience
Skills and Knowledge:
- Thorough understanding of work order issuing, reporting of material consumption and work order as it relates to inventory transactions
- Understanding and ability to reconcile inventory
- Attention to detail, accurate and solid basic math skills
- Keyboard and typing skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Outlook email skills
- Professional written, verbal and non-verbal communication
- Ability to lift 55lbs